Google Search

Wednesday 20 April 2011

Demi Lovato to Leave Sonny With a Chance


Demi Lovato is leaving Sonny With a Chance, the show that's made her a star on the Disney Channel. She'll instead focus on her pop career - and recovery.
Given the actress sought treatment recently for "physical and emotional issues," and confessed to cutting herself since age 11, a change might do her good.
"It made sense for me to go ahead and leave the show to focus on my music," Lovato tells People. "It's sad for me that a chapter of my life has ended."
"However, there couldn't be a better time for me to move on."
A Demi Lovato Picture
The "nervous breakdown" she suffered last October while touring with the Jonas Brothers - an episode that led her to check into rehab is still fresh in her mind.
"I don't think going back to Sonny would be healthy for my recovery," admitted the 18-year-old actress. "Being in front of a camera would make me nervous."
In a frank interview with ABC's Good Morning America and 20/20 set to air Friday, Lovato acknowledges a lifelong struggle with an eating disorder and cutting.
Hopefully she continues to get the help she needs to live a happier and healthier life, and moving on from Sonny With a Chance is the best means to do so.
[Photo: WENN.com]


No comments:

Post a Comment